Calling all Young Authors!
Do You Have a Story? We Want to Publish It!
If you are under the age of 18 and live in Asia, we got you covered. Submit your work to our Young Author Award (YAA) 2019/2020 and stand a chance to win a publishing contract with us!
*Submissions close on 31st July 2020*
Scroll down for more details
As part of our aim to nurture the next generation of writers, Janus Education and Experiences & Experiments proudly host the annual Young Author Award (YAA) to recognise the most prolific budding writers in our region.
The Young Author Awards (YAA) is recognised regionally and supported by the Media Development Authority (MDA), the National Library Board (NLB), the Singapore Book Publishers Association (SBPA) and the National Book Development Council of Singapore (NBDCS).
Award Media Gallery
Young Author Award 2016/2017 – Photo Gallery
Young Author Award 2015/2016 – Video Gallery
- The Young Author Awards 2019/2020 is open to all students residing in Asia, who are enrolled in either primary or secondary school and is below 18 years old.
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be a minimum of 2,000 words for the Primary category and a minimum of 5,000 words for the Secondary category.
- Entries must include the following:
– Synopsis/ Summary
– Author’s profile
– Original book cover illustration
(you may submit a scanned copy of your illustration)
- Entries can be from any of the following genres:
– Science Fiction
– Magic and Fantasy
– Ghosts and Ghouls
– Mystery and Adventure
– Animal Tales
– Asian Tales
- There is no limit to the number of entries submitted.
- Entries must be of original work and not previously published.
- Entries must be submitted as specified. Deadline of submission is on 31st July 2020.
- Winners will also stand a chance for their stories to be published in paperback or multimedia format. (Parents/ guardians will be executing the contract on their behalf).